- The Washington Post: Trump’s Acting Attorney General Pick Was an Unnecessary Self-Inflicted Wound — but Not a Fatal One
- The Washington Post: Trump Is Our Combatant in Chief. And He Keeps Getting Better at It.
- The Washington Post: Republicans and Democrats Have Very Different Closing Arguments. Pay Attention.
- The Washington Post: The Supreme Court’s 30 Years War Is Finally Over
- The Washington Post: The Perfect Person to Replace Jeff Sessions
- The Hugh Hewitt Show: Vice President Mike Pence On The U.N., The Missing Saudi Arabian Journalist, and the PRC
- The Washington Post: The Kavanaugh Hearings Were Another Rumbling of the Volcano. And the Left Can’t Hear It.
- The Hugh Hewitt Show: Bob Woodward On His New Book “Fear”
- The Hugh Hewitt Show: Former Secretary of State John Kerry On His New Memoir “Every Day Is Extra”
A Flock of Black Swans: A Breakdown of American Politics and Modern Journalism
How is polarization making it harder to be an American President? What is the media’s role in electing a President? What is happening to the culture in Washington? Should people be afraid? What do you need to do to get things done? Why are what were once highly regarded institutions being swallowed up and collapsing right in front of us? Widely acclaimed talk radio host Hugh Hewitt brings an extensive background in government and politics to offer a thoughtful and stimulating analysis of these hard-hitting questions. As the landscape and environment of journalism and the media have undergone extraordinary change and transformation, Hewitt explores many of the modern paradigms of reportage and the impacts of perpetuated bias and lack of transparency in the media. He also takes an in-depth look at the longstanding social and political impacts of modern journalism on our society today.
Up Close and Personal with Historical American Figures
No one’s address book reads like a who’s who of prominent figures from American history quite like Hugh Hewitt’s. Since 1974, Hewitt’s life and career have been full of interactions with people from chief justices to Presidents. President Obama’s senior strategist David Axelrod good-naturedly calls Hewitt a “Zelig in real life.”
Through the eyes of a broadcast journalist, lawyer and author, he draws on his extraordinary set of associations to share remarkable stories and candid anecdotes. In this highly entertaining and authentic presentation, Hewitt provides an off-the-record look at these prominent figures, revealing the most poignant moments that most people don’t get to see.
An Inside Look at Constitutional Law and Regulation
A professor of law for over 20 years, Hugh Hewitt has additionally clerked on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, served as the assistant counsel in the White House and was general counsel of two federal agencies. Bringing a wealth of experience and expertise, Hewitt provides unique insight into the courts and where they are heading. He answers the questions that are most pertinent to your audience in this engaging and highly informative conversation.